Cupping uses a cup to pull an area of skin into a suction that decompresses muscles and connective tissue. This promotes blood flow to the compromised area, enhances circulation and helps to increase the body’s own healing processes — almost like a backward deep tissue massage.
What are the benefits of cupping therapy?
While a single cupping session won’t automatically turn you into the most-decorated Olympic swimmer of all time, it’s believed to come with a host of healthy side effects such as the following:
- Improve blood flow
- Improve immunity by increasing lymphatic output
- Reduce inflammation
- Calm the nervous system
- Stretch muscles and connective tissue
- Loosen restrictions and adhesion in the tissue
- Provide relaxation
- Optimize athletic performance
- Improve overall well-being
Ask us about cupping while scheduling your next massage!